ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the entire business operation in the absence of the General Manager.
- Ensure and Maintain integrity of the games.
- Ensure proper scheduling of Dealing staff
- Oversee and supervise all Casino personnel.
- Schedule Casino Shift and Relief Shift Managers
- Work with Food and Beverage, Security and Cashier’s Cage to maintain the highest level of effectiveness and efficiency possible in the absence of their Department Heads.
- Maintain excellent customer relations and problem solving skills.
- Abide by and adhere to all Human Resources and Company policies and procedures.
- Make gaming decisions.
- Be aware and adhere to all rules concerning Casino promotions.
- Authorize complimentary meals to players and guests and include this information in your daily manager’s report.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Develop and coordinate ongoing training for floor personnel.
- Promote games, call and invite players from outside the Casino for Casino gaming and functions.
- Approve and record overtime when necessary
- Coordinate daily pre-shift meetings with Casino Shift managers and gaming staff to ensure knowledge of new promotions, rule changes and other items pertaining to the gaming floor.
- Communicate daily revenue statistics
- Generate and e-mail daily shift manager’s reports with regards to incidents, call-ins, jackpot winnings, and comp’d patrons, etc.
- Complete annual performance reviews on Casino Shift Managers
- Prior Casino Gaming Shift Manager experience required
- California Card room experience preferred
- A High School diploma or general education degree
- Successful completion of Certified Dealer School
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 10 lbs. without restrictions
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Visual acuity (working at computer terminal)
- Must be able to stand & Sit for extended periods of time
- Work in an enclosed (office) or busy (Casino) area.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Adult content environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to work various shifts
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- 24 hour operation with a very fast paced environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit.