Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady is a luxurious, classic and fantastic casino that is open twenty-four hours every day of the year, and specializes in card games, classic games like Blackjack, Texas Hold'em, Three Card Poker, Pai Gow Poker and more. Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady features poker tables, and California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles, Three Card Poker, and more. This is out-of-town excitement without the expense of leaving the city. Located just 15 minutes south of Downtown Los Angeles and Staples Center, in the celebrated city of Gardena.
Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady Casino in Gardena, CA is hiring a Poker Lead Floor Person! If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acknowledge and greet customers and guests in a friendly, warm and courteous manner.
- Ensure that customers receive quality service and always follow-up making sure they receive the service expected.
- Ensure that all collections obtained by dealers are properly and accurately recorded.
- Start and convert games. Must provide proper documentation.
- Ensure that correct and House rules are correctly and accurately applied.
- Fill empty seats.
- Maintain the integrity of the games and notify the Casino Shift Manager of any suspicious or unusual activity.
- Never indicate that tips, “tokes” or gratuities are expected for service.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Never indicate that “Tips” or “Gratuities” are expected for service.
- Monitor the operation within assigned section.
- Maintain excellent public relations with customers.
- Be aware of games breaking or converting in other sections.
- Ensure the cleanliness of my assigned section
- Attend meetings on time
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the Casino Shift Manager
- A valid state issued driver’s license required.
- Position requires shifts including weekends and holidays.
- A High School diploma or general education degree
- Knowledge of and or Training in Poker Room operations and or dealing Poker games
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Able to read, write, and speak English
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- 24 hour operation with a very fast paced environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit.