Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino is a luxurious facility with Monte Carlo-style décor, located in the city of Gardena. The facility matches the plushest Las Vegas casinos, offering full-service cuisine and attentive service that compares to the finest hotels. The 55,000-square foot, $50 million facility is open 24 hours a day; 365 days a year specializing in classic card games, with more than 80 tables ranging from Black Jack and Texas Hold’em to California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles and more. It has long been home to the largest seed progressive poker jackpots in the State of California.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the kitchen operation is running efficiently.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of the culinary staff.
- Ensure that all meals are prepared properly, and portion controls are used.
- Assist with development of new Asian menu items including recipes and method of prep.
- Pre-screen and interview prospective employees as required.
- Assist in the daily inventory of meats, produce, and dairy products.
- Assist in the evaluation of job performance of all kitchen staff.
- Place food and supply orders as required.
- Train kitchen staff in the preparation of food items with particular emphasis on Asian Cuisine.
- Ensure the kitchen area is clean, and all State and Health Department regulations and codes are enforced.
- Adhere to and abide by company safety policies.
- Maintain Serve Safe Manager Certification
- Assist with scheduling of kitchen staff according to business needs.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the planning of menus for special events, i.e., VIP Parties, and Tournaments.
- Adhere to Human Resources and Company policies and procedures.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef and VP of Food and Beverage.
- 1-2 years previous cook experience.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self Starter is a plus!
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Bilingual perferred (Chinese/Korean)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Food Handlers Certification
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 80 lbs. without restrictions
- Must be able to stand on feet for an eight hour shift
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Adult content environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age