Relief Casino Shift Manager is responsible for overseeing the smooth day to day operation of the casino on the assigned shift. Coordinates with departments to ensure customer satisfaction and operational efficiency. Ensures compliance with federal and state gaming regulations. Maintains visual presence on casino floor. Enforces company policies and procedures and code of conduct.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes customer service standards- The shift manager on duty is responsible for coordinating staff and holding them accountable for the guests positive gaming experience.
- Game Integrity- The shift manager is responsible for ensuring a fair, ethical, and legal gaming environment. Deviations from gaming standards need to be documented and corrective action must be taken, this includes but is not limited to; coaching and mentoring, training and retraining, reaffirming departmental standards, enforcing SOPs and, if necessary, administering progressive discipline.
- Communicates issues up the Chain of Command- The shift manager position is responsible for handling issues as they arise on shift. If the shift manager on duty does not have the resources, scope of authority, or is uncertain of how to handle an issue he/she must communicate it to the Casino Ops manager, Casino Manager or the General Manager.
- Training of Staff- The shift manager trains staff to meet the department’s expectations. He/she mentors and coaches staff to improve efficiencies and help improve areas of weakness. He/she is required to do so in a fair and professional manner.
- Interdepartmental Cooperation- The shift manager position is required to help coordinate all departments to serve the needs of the guests. He/she works with Food and Beverage, Security, Maintenance, Surveillance and Cashier’s Cage to maintain the highest level of effectiveness and efficiency possible in the absence of their Department Heads.
- Guest Relations- The shift manager is required to maintain excellent customer relations and problem-solving skills. He/she is the person counted on to resolve customer disputes.
- Policy Affirmation- The shift manager is to abide by and adhere to all Human Resources and Company policies and procedures.
- Decision Making- Make all final gaming decisions in the best interest of the business and be accountable for them.
- Promotions- Be aware and adhere to all rules concerning Casino promotions.
- Projects/Tasks- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the Casino Manager/ Casino Ops Manger/General Manager.
- Labor- Approve and record overtime when necessary. The shift manager is responsible for the schedule on a daily basis and is responsible for the scheduling needs of the Casino on a weekly and monthly basis. He/she assigns vacations and is responsible for ensuring proper staffing.
- Reporting- Generate and e-mail daily shift manager’s reports with regards to incidents, call-ins, jackpot winnings, and comp’d patrons, etc.
- Time Management- The shift manager is given autonomy while on his/her shift but is responsible for managing his or her time efficiently to positively influence the business.
- Revenue- The shift manager is responsible for maintaining the best possible revenue outcomes of gaming decisions within proper ethical and legal framework. The shift manager is responsible for coming up with policies and programs to maximize revenue and contribute to Hustler Casino’s profitability.
- Ownership/Accountability- The shift manager is responsible and accountable for the operation as a whole while they are on duty any problems or ongoing issues must be either handled or escalated up the chain of command. He/she is required to act on behalf of upper management and ownership when either entity is not on site.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Computer Skills are necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports
- Foreign language skills a must
- Able to read, write, and speak English
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gardena City Work permit
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a California Key Employee gaming license
- Requires working in front of a computer and extended periods
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail
- Professional appearance, demeanor and communication towards guests and staff.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Adult content environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to work various shifts
- Must be willing to work any and all shifts in the business cycle
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- 24-hour operation with a very fast paced environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit.