LFP Broadcasting, a worldwide VOD and PPV broadcasting network, is searching for a day-shift Broadcast Operator at our broadcasting headquarters in Boulder, CO.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
Our competitive benefits package is as follows:
- Medical, dental, vision, Company paid STD (short-term disability), LTD (long-term disability options available), company paid life & AD&D insurance;
- Aflac supplemental insurance options;
- 401(k) w/match;
- 2 weeks paid vacation + 6 days of sick time to start;
- 6 Company paid holidays annually;
- Onsite gym with locker rooms, full showers;
- $2500 annual tuition reimbursement program;
- Paid employee referral program.
SHIFT - 6:15am - 2:45pm, Wednesday & Thursday off
Non-exempt (hourly), Full time, 40 hours/week
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the technical operation of our linear Broadcast and monitoring of our OTT and web services.
- Requires individuals that are able to focus and pay close attention to detail. Working in a 24/7/365 environment, the Broadcast operator should be technically inclined and have a comprehensive understanding of and ability to operate broadcast equipment in master control.
- They must also possess strong communication skills with all supporting departments and have the ability to work under pressure and solve problems quickly.
- Demonstrate abilities to monitor quality of outbound and return signals.
- Report equipment problems and perform emergency workaround to keep Networks operational.
- Use analytical thinking to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues.
- Viewing of multiple media formats for technical and content compliance per procedures.
- Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable and work well with other team members. This position is considered "Essential".
- Learn and update knowledge on internal “signal paths” and fiber and satellite distribution of our linear broadcast Networks. Use such information to assist our affiliates and distribution partners in issue resolution.
- Capable of accepting, understanding and logging incident reports containing limited information and subsequently translating that information into a timely and full incident resolution and or correction.
- Communicate to shift any changes to procedures and provide SOP training and documentation as required.
- Assist and provide input in conjunction with troubleshooting any operational or technical issues.
- Available and able to work as required, in support of a 7/24/365 operating environment.
- Candidate must have an understanding of an on-air broadcast environment and a current working knowledge of television systems.
- Degree in a Broadcast, Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline preferred.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self-starter is a plus!
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer monitor for extended periods.
- Visual acuity (6-8 hours viewing computer).
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Work in an enclosed area.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- More than 30 hours a week is spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense environment with numerous distractions.
- 24/7 operation
- Adult Content
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job, employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
As part of LFP Broadcasting’s standard employment process, candidate’s employment is contingent on a clear background check. These background checks are conducted by a professional third-party firm at no charge to the applicant and may include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
LFP Broadcasting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.