HUSTLER Casino is currently seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to work within the Marketing department, as well as with other departments, to produce concept-driven designs for gaming promotions & events, advertising and branding initiatives. The Junior Graphic Designer’s work will be translated into multiple mediums for print and digital advertising.
Located in the city of Gardena, HUSTLER Casino is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; specializing in classic card games, with tables ranging from Blackjack and Texas Hold’em to California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles and more.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop designs and complete slate of necessary assets for marketing initiatives
- Create multiple visual concepts for promotions and other Casino events
- Create print ads and Billboard designs.
- Design logos, brochures, menus, website, social media and digital graphics and all on-property collateral.
- Place and replenish on-property collateral as needed (flyers, posters, etc)
- Develop graphics for TV, print, outdoor and direct mail/email marketing programs.
- Provide direction to ensure outside production partners deliver a quality product that meets expectations.
- Maintain and update website by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Remove any “dead” links immediately
- Create mock-ups for proposed project pages and update them as needed
- Interact with all departments on their projects from initial consultation meetings to final approval of concept & design.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all graphics software options and capabilities.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all digital advertising trends and techniques.
- Provides excellent guest service.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- A strong, proven background in art design (minimum of three (3) years) that includes demonstrated experience in managing the design process for full marketing campaigns,
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree (AA); or at least three (3) years design management experience in either a Marketing Department and/or Advertising firm with an emphasis on creative concepts and the creation of intricate art & design layout.
- 2+ years’ professional (paid) graphic/web design experience
- Knowledge of content marketing a plus
- Advanced Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver skills and experience
- Knowledge of WordPress standards and functionality
- Professional portfolio with at least 5 designs for internal review
- Motion Graphics experience/skills is a plus.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills, in English, on the telephone, and in person.
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge
- Must be able to use and understand Macintosh hardware and graphic software such as Adobe, Creative Suite, Microsoft and PowerPoint.
- Video Editing skills a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills; must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to Obtain and Maintain a Gardena City Work Permit
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening