Larry Flynt has been a champion of breaking down boundaries and an advocate for freedom of sexuality, expression, and human rights since launching HUSTLER magazine in 1974 and winning a high-profile Supreme Court case in 1988 that defended free speech. In 1998, he launched the first HUSTLER Hollywood store, bringing that same spirit to a physical retail location. Since opening the flagship store on the Sunset Strip, HUSTLER Hollywood has expanded to 33 locations across the country, with plans to double this number by 2021.
Our goal at HUSTLER Hollywood is to erase the shame – we believe that there shouldn’t be any discomfort or embarrassment when openly discussing sexuality, an affinity for a particular unconventional sex act, or when visiting a boutique that sells sex toys. HUSTLER Hollywood is a space intended to promote sexual freedom and positivity. We have a vision for a world in which people feel liberated to engage in dialog about their sexual preferences and are able to access tools that can help them fulfill their fantasies. We aim to provide products, information, events, and education that supports this endeavor and empowers people of all bodies, sexualities, ages, and kinks to realize their desires.
We are seeking talented, passionate individuals who share our belief that all people have the right to receive education, knowledge, and resources that enable them to embrace their sexuality and explore the full spectrum of pleasure. As an employee of HUSTLER Hollywood, your primary responsibility is to foster an atmosphere where individuals of all walks of life feel welcomed to come and speak freely about sexuality. If you’re a sex-positive, open-minded person dedicated to elevating customer experience and education, join our mission to erase the shame.
As a brand ambassador, our District Manager will utilize their passion for Hustler combined with exceptional knowledge of the brand, strong sales strategies and high service level to help elevate the Hustler Hollywood customer experience through establishing, managing, and developing exceptional customer relations. This position will oversee the North West area stores in Washington and Northern California. The Area Manager will be able to work out of the following available store locations - Bakersfield, CA; San Jose, CA; Sacramento, CA; and Tacoma, WA. The District Manager role has a direct reporting structure to the Director of Stores.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain a diverse, high-performing store management team through consistent selection, development and motivation
- Provide coaching, mentoring and overall direction of accountabilities to meet District and Regional goals
- Effectively communicate business and financial objectives
- Analyze District performance in order to deliver appropriate feedback to Regional Manager
- Develop a District sales strategy that ensures profitable growth
- Lead the store teams to meet sales/payroll budgets through appropriate execution
- Foster a selling culture throughout the District, ensuring a positive customer experience that meets and exceeds every customer’s expectation
- Articulate the vision and ensure execution of brand visual standards consistently
- Ensure adherence to Loss Prevention policies and procedures and proactively identify trends that support achieving District and Store shrink goals
- Cultivate an environment of open communication and drive the performance management and development of associates within the District
- Represents the company in a professional and positive manner
- Facilitate and present programs, processes and concepts to groups of managers
- Inspire and motivate entire teams or organizations
- In conjunction with all District responsibilities the District Manager is responsible for overseeing their home store and all Store Manager responsibilities
- 3 to 5 years multi-unit experience in retail required (specialty retail preferred)
- Can create competitive and innovative strategies and plans
- Proven track record of selecting high-performing talent and ability to develop compelling development plans
- Able to articulate and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, & Powerpoint and ability to adapt to additional internal applications
- Able to organize large amounts of physical and electronic documents for retention
- Has broad knowledge and perspective of retail landscape and can accurately identify trends
- Can inspire and motivate entire teams or organizations
- Willingness/Ability to travel by airplane if necessary
- A valid (unexpired) state issued drivers license required
- Ability to utilize retail POS System & Inventory Scanner
- Ability to understand and interpret moderately complex financial reports
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Able to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing computer)
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Adult content environment
- Must be at least 18 years old