Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino is a luxurious facility with Monte Carlo-style décor, located in the city of Gardena. The facility matches the plushest Las Vegas casinos, offering full-service cuisine and attentive service that compares to the finest hotels. The 55,000-square foot, $50 million facility is open 24 hours a day; 365 days a year specializing in classic card games, with more than 80 tables ranging from Black Jack and Texas Hold’em to California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles and more. It has long been home to the largest seed progressive poker jackpots in the State of California.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deal Poker games efficiently and professionally, ensuring that all payoffs are accurate.
- Acknowledge and greet customers and guests in a friendly, warm and courteous manner.
- Maintain the integrity of the games.
- Accurately gather collections and place in the drop box.
- Be aware of all wagering activity.
- Ascertain the value of the hand that you are reading, and announce it clearly.
- "Kill" all losing hands before awarding the pot.
- Abide by and adhere to the rules, policies and procedures in the Poker Dealer’s Guide.
- Alert the Floorperson in the event of a gaming dispute, or to make a gaming decision.
- Inform the Floorperson of any suspicious or unusual activity.
- Be aware of any empty seats at the table and notify the Floorperson.
- Attend pre-shift meetings on time and in full uniform ready to work, no exceptions.
- Never indicate that tips, “tokes” or gratuities are expected for service.
- Ensure that no second language is spoken at the table during play of the hand.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must be able to clearly articulate to the Floorperson any incidents that may occur at the gaming tables.
- Must be able to learn and deal new games as required.
- Remember you have the players’ attention for the full time you are dealing the game, so do your best to make a lasting impression.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the Casino Shift Manager.
- 1 year + experience at another card club
- Must be able to make change using American Monetary units
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Gardena PD Work Permit
- A High School diploma or general education degree
- Dealer School Completion
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Work in an enclosed and busy area
- Must have the ability to safely lift a minimum of 12 pounds
- Adult content environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- 24-hour operation with a very fast paced environment