Flynt Management Group is seeking a Payroll Manager to lead the Corporate Payroll Department. This position will work out of the corporate headquarters located in Beverly Hills, CA.
Flynt Management Group, is a multi-media entertainment conglomerate engaged in a variety of industries, including Publishing, Broadcasting; internet distribution; Retail and gaming casinos in the City of Gardena.
Job Title: Payroll Manager
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
Hours: 8:30AM - 5:50PM, alternative work week (Office closure every other Friday)
The Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. This is a great opportunity to continually further develop and grow with a business involved in multiple industries across the country.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills to lead a small Payroll department.
- Proficient with ADP WorkForceNow Payroll. Experience with ADP E-Time as the company is in the final stages of conversion from ADP Enterprise to ADP WorkForceNow platform.
- Experience with Kronos time keeping also a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Three to five years of related experience managing a payroll function is required.
- Experience with multi-unit payroll set up is highly desirable.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Every other Friday off