Poker Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Poker Section of the Card room.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Poker Room daily operations ensuring that all Company policies, procedures, State and Local gaming regulations are adhered to and consistently followed.
- Directs the opening and closing of Poker Games in accordance with business demands.
- Manage the Poker Room team to include efficient staffing, team member development and training.
- Make decisions regarding the granting of complimentaries to guests in accordance with company criteria.
- Player development and cultivation
- Complete correspondence, Team Member discipline, evaluations, and department memos and communicate with management & guests.
- Revise Poker policies & procedures as necessary.
- Contact Surveillance and/or Senior Casino Management if questionable transactions have occurred and/or at appropriate win/loss levels.
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of all games in assigned section, both at the dealer and player levels.
- Adhere to all gaming controls and procedures and ensure subordinates comply with same.
- Ensures all dealers, floor and supervisory staff are trained and knowledgeable in Title 31 regulations and Responsible Gaming.
- Extensive knowledge of Poker rules
- 3 years managerial experience in California Poker operation
- 3 years’ experience as a poker dealer.
- Must be 21 or over.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Poker Dealer School Certification
- Must be able to understand the hands associated with poker.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of management
- Must have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must read game layout; wagers, winning/losing wagers, etc., and read computer monitor
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Bi-Lingual Spanish or Asian languages a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gardena City Work Permit
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a California Key Gaming License
- Must be able to work varied shifts
- Fast paced, 24 hour work environment