Larry Flynt has been a champion of breaking down boundaries and an advocate for freedom of sexuality, expression, and human rights since launching HUSTLER magazine in 1974 and winning a high-profile Supreme Court case in 1988 that defended free speech. In 1998, he launched the first HUSTLER Hollywood store, bringing that same spirit to a physical retail location. Since opening the flagship store on the Sunset Strip, HUSTLER Hollywood has expanded to 34 locations across the country, with plans to double this number by 2021.
Our goal at HUSTLER Hollywood is to erase the shame – we believe that there shouldn’t be any discomfort or embarrassment when openly discussing sexuality, an affinity for a particular unconventional sex act, or when visiting a boutique that sells sex toys. HUSTLER Hollywood is a space intended to promote sexual freedom and positivity. We have a vision for a world in which people feel liberated to engage in dialog about their sexual preferences and are able to access tools that can help them fulfill their fantasies. We aim to provide products, information, events, and education that supports this endeavor and empowers people of all bodies, sexualities, ages, and kinks to realize their desires.
We are seeking talented, passionate individuals who share our belief that all people have the right to receive education, knowledge, and resources that enable them to embrace their sexuality and explore the full spectrum of pleasure. As an employee of HUSTLER Hollywood, your primary responsibility is to foster an atmosphere where individuals of all walks of life feel welcomed to come and speak freely about sexuality. If you’re a sex-positive, open-minded person dedicated to elevating customer experience and education, join our mission to erase the shame.
The primary responsibility of the Store Manager is to lead teams in driving sales, brand loyalty, providing exceptional customer service as well as recruiting and developing top retail talent. This position has full accountability for the key financial results of the store and is responsible for the overall leadership and development of the store by building an independent, high-performing team that is dedicated to achieving results and supporting company strategies.
The Store Manager has a direct reporting relationship to the District Manager.
As a brand ambassador he or she will utilize his or her passion for HUSTLER combined with exceptional knowledge of the brand, strong sales strategies and high service level to help elevate the HUSTLER Hollywood customer experience through establishing, managing, and developing exceptional customer relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain a diverse, high-performing store team through consistent selection, development and motivation
- Drive results by recruiting and developing high performing teams using all available resources to interview, hire and retain top talent for key positions in store and district
- Provide coaching, mentoring and overall direction of accountabilities to meet store and Company goals
- Effectively communicates goals and monitors the progress of team members against key business initiatives
- Directs and participates in providing an exceptional shopping experience to our customers and drives store sales results by influencing associate behaviors
- Manage scheduling that maximizes staffing to most effectively meet the needs of the business and drive store profitability while leveraging payroll
- Directs the planning and execution of floor sets in an efficient manner while following Company guidelines and encouraging collaboration of ideas amongst team members
- Ensures adherence to Loss Prevention policies and procedures and proactively identify trends that support achieving store shrink goals
- Cultivate an environment of open communication and drive the performance management and development of associates within the store
- Represents the company in a professional and positive manner
- Facilitate and present programs, processes and concepts to groups
- Can inspire and motivate associates, managers and entire teams
- 3-5 years of experience as a specialty retail store manager in relevant traffic, volume and unit intensity preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, & Powerpoint and ability to adapt to additional internal applications
- Has broad knowledge and perspective of retail landscape
- Must be available to work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Ability to utilize retail POS System & Inventory Scanner
- Must be able to make change using American Monetary units.
- Ability to understand and interpret moderately complex financial reports
- A High School Diploma required or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self Starter is a plus!
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Requires ability to rapidly and constantly lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to perform a continuous process of loading and unloading large boxes throughout a scheduled shift
- Able to reach overhead, bend, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, processing shipment and store merchandising.
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Ability to use and climb ladders
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions (i.e. hanging, folding, ringing up customers, etc.)
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Adult content environment
- Must be at least 18 years old