Flynt Management Group is seeking a Staff Accountant for its Retail Division.
Flynt Management Group, is a multi-media entertainment conglomerate engaged in a variety of industries, including Publishing (HUSTLER® Magazine, and numerous other magazines); DVD distribution (HUSTLER Video®, VCA® Pictures, HIS® Video); Broadcasting (HUSTLER TV®, a worldwide PPV and VOD network); internet distribution (HUSTLER.com and 60+ other websites); Retail (34 HUSTLER HOLLYWOOD® retail stores); Casinos (Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino® and Larry Flynt’s Lucky Lady Casino®) in suburban Los Angeles; Product licensing (HUSTLER branded products); and Entertainment Clubs (Larry Flynt’s HUSTLER Clubs® (11 locations worldwide).
HUSTLER®, the most powerful brand in adult entertainment in the world, was founded in 1974 by outspoken and world-renowned First Amendment defender Larry Flynt.
On a day to day basis, the Staff Accountant assists the Accounting Manager to accomplish the efficient and effective function of cash, accounts receivables, accounts payables and revenue management and recording related transactions to the financial statements. The Staff Accountant also provides consolidated financial information for analysis, as well as any other financial information requested. In addition, the Staff Accountant must maintain the confidentiality of all sales, profits, expense and personal information, and performs all duties assigned by the Retail Controller or Accounting Manager. Finally, the Staff Accountant must know, practice and ensure that Company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Record month end journal entries and prepare balance sheet reconciliations
• Must be able to maintain accounting records on an accrual basis in accordance with GAAP.
• Process vendor invoices and payments to assist Accounts Payable department.
• File quarterly and semi-annual sales tax returns
• Prepare Daily Cash Spreadsheet showing actual cash activity
• Contact external parties and internal departments to resolve basic accounting problems
• Process cash receipt transactions and prepare related cash reconciliations
• Review sales activity and process related entries into the accounting system
• Review various expenses for proper allocation and rebilling of intercompany departments
• Assist in preparation of the budget and forecast worksheets
• Organize and file accounting records
• Assist with annual external audit schedules and auditor requests
• Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Four (4) year degree in Accounting (preferred)
• 1-3 years accounting experience
• Acumatica or other large ERP system experience and good computer skills (preferred)
• Proficiency in MS Excel is preferred
• Must be able to follow established guidelines to accomplish tasks and solve routine problems, referring non-routine matters to a supervisor
• Ability to perform reconciliation of the accounts and propose solutions for adjusting of discrepancies
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent analytical and prioritizing skills
• Superb aptitude with numbers and efficient in data entry.
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Adult content environment
• Fast paced/high performing work environment
This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
The company reserves the right to amend and/or add to any and all responsibilities and requirements in this job description or any other document.