Flynt Management Group, LLC – Head of Human Resources
The Head of Human Resources has corporate-wide responsibility for human resources strategy, planning and implementation for all of the Flynt Management Group companies. The primary purpose of the Head of HR role is to provide direction and leadership to the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission and strategy, and to its annual objectives and goals, particularly related to the human resources aspects of the business.
- Develop and implement Human Resources policies and programs for the entire company.
- Expand and nurture solid, collaborative relationships throughout Flynt Management Group, but especially with the President and executive leadership.
- Specify human resources practices and objectives that will provide a balanced program throughout all divisions.
- Regularly reports to the Owner/CFO as the ranking Human Resources executive in the company.
- Assists and advises senior management on Human Resources issues
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources function (e.g., OSHA, EEO, TEFRA, ERISA, Wage & Hour).
- Monitors exposure of the company.
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance.
- Acts as primary contact with labor counsel and outside government agencies.
- Protects interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Approves recommendations for terminations.
- Reviews employee appeals through complaint procedure.
- Directs a process of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design, and manpower forecasting throughout the company.
- Engineers organizational development that primarily addresses succession planning throughout the company.
- Establishes wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefit programs and services, and company safety and health programs.
- Monitors for process effectiveness and cost containment.
- Innovate standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures.
- Cultivate in-house management training programs that address company needs across division lines (e.g., MBO, Performance Appraisal, Interviewing, and Confidentiality).
- Evolve all Human Resources programs and authority/responsibility of Human Resources and line management within those programs.
- Provide necessary education and materials to employees - workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Interview and coordinate use of Human Resources consultants, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, training specialists, labor counsel, and other outside sources.
- Conducts ongoing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep top management informed of new developments.
- Keeps CEO informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those which are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or a related field, J.D. preferred.
- Specialized training in organizational planning, compensation, and preventive employee and labor relations. SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ recent experience as the top Human Resources executive of a company.
- Experience leading the Human Resource function for a multi-regional, national or international organization. For-profit experience is a plus.
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development.
- Well-developed administrative skills.
- Strong management skills—principles and people.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Participative management style.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Results oriented with sound business judgment.
Please send resume AND COVER LETTER as well as salary expectations to the email address associated with this posting.